Travel Bursaries for PhD Students are available. To apply please download the form by following the link below and contact the Secretary,
Dr. David Scanlon, d.scanlon(at)ucl.ac.uk before the 31st of March 2019.
Royal Society Solid State Chemistry Group Bursary form: click here to access.
Summary of Scheme
Summary of Scheme
The Solid State Chemistry Group has instigated a Student Bursary Scheme to provide financial support to promising postgraduate students to attend important solid state chemistry conferences in the UK or abroad. The Student Bursary Scheme is open to all postgraduate student members of the RSC's Solid State Chemistry Group and currently RSC members undertaking research in solid state chemistry. In return for the bursary, the beneficiary must produce a short written report for the Solid State Chemistry Newsletter.
NOTE: Bursaries are not available for meetings that are being directly supported by the Solid State Chemistry Group, i.e. the annual Christmas meeting of the SSCG.
- To help students attend conferences when insufficient funds are available from other sources.
- To enhance the profile of solid state chemistry and the group on the international stage
- Previous awardees are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be studying for a postgraduate degree with a significant component of research based in the area of solid state chemistry.
- The applicant must be a member of the RSC Solid State Chemistry Group and Member of RSC (AMRSC or MRSC).
- The applicant must be presenting an oral or poster contribution at the conference for which the bursary is requested.
- The applicant must produce a short written report describing key impressions and interesting scientific contributions or developments experienced at the conference. This will be published in the Solid State Chemistry Newsletter. The applicants should acknowledge SSCG and RSC for funding.
- The award should not exceed 100% of the total cost of the attendance at the conference.
- A student can only receive one award for the duration of their studies.
- Please note we will allocate only 1 bursary per research group.
- The student bursary scheme will provide funds up to a maximum of £250 towards the cost of attending a relevant conference which is within UK/Europe or further afield. This can include registration, accommodation and travel costs. The chances of receiving funding will be enhanced by evidence of other supporting funding.
The application form must be submitted before the deadline (31st of March 2019) to the Group Secretary (Dr David Scanlon) in order to be considered for a bursary.
Submissions will be considered by members of the Solid State Chemistry Group committee.
Research Fellow in the Crystallography of Multiferroic Materials (University of Warwick)
Four PDRA positions in Computational Materials Discovery
Prof. P. M. Rodger Commemorative meeting
38th RSC Solid State Chemistry Group Christmas Meeting
MATERIALS CHALLENGES FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
Leverhulme Research Centre for Functional Materials Design Symposium - 3-4 Sept, UK